I frequently mention our annual conversion of our house into the Haunted Mansion for the annual Halloween party. In the last 3 years we have slowly added new pieces each year. We are now up to over 70 pieces. Most of these pieces follow or 5 founding principles of the blog’s projects.
- Make things on a budget, most builds are between $1-$40.
- Make things out of readily available materials that can be easily purchased
- Make things with normal tools that are commonly had or obtained.
- Make things using techniques that are simple and/or can be easily learned.
- Make things that can be disassembled, stored, and are light weight.
I wanted to to try and capture the feeling of the house and the spirit of what we were going for. So I took some video of each of the builds and tried to recreate the ride as you you walk through the house making it a walk through attraction like Walt Disney and Rolly Crump had originally planned. We don’t get to go to Disney as much as we would like as we live no where close to the parks. But here is the video of our 2019 conversion of our home. I hope you enjoy it…
Until next time…be on the lookout for more of our Haunted Mansion builds. We will have over 70 pieces life sized pieces in our Haunted Mansion this year.
If you like what you read please be sure to follow our blog and connect with our social media.
Until next time…
The Imagine Ears features the DIY projects, adventures, and thoughts of a father and daughter who use a shared love of all things Disney to create memories together through encouraging her interests in architecture, design, Imagineering, while exploring history and science.